Sunday, September 06, 2009

Self Portraits

Tada! Here are some of my self portraits that I just took this afternoon. The photographs may not look close to perfect, but at least, I was able to take these photographs using the technology of the self timer! ;)

Taking a self portrait is pretty challenging because there are a lot of things to put into consideration before and after taking the photograph.

  1. Check if the subject (me) is focused.
  2. Check if the zoom of the camera is right for the desired effect of the photo.
  3. Ask myself if I am still in the frame of the camera.
  4. Check the photograph in order to correct any mistakes in lighting, aperture, focus, etc.

I bet it is easier taking portraits of other people because you get to see immediately the outcome of the photograph. I hope that my next self portraits would be better than these. I'l keep posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment