Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Playing the Flute

First, I was using a bamboo flute in playing. Then I was telling my mom that the real flute (which is the silver one) really looks good and I bet would really sound way better. But still, I kept practicing using the bamboo flute but I wasn't satisfied with the sound it produced. Surprisingly, on my birthday, I came home and saw a black case in the table with a note written from my ninong Gelo. It was a birthday gift for me.

To my surprise, when I opened it, it was the flute I kept wishing I would have! I never knew how to play it or make it sound at first. Because it doesn't require just any simple blowing. The way you blow and the way you shape your lips could change the sound the flute would produce. After few months, I tried playing songs but I still didn't use sheet music or notes. Good thing, I was given a "how to play the flute" book, where notes and exercises were written. And in through Video Sheet Music in Youtube, I get to choose from a variety of songs to play. In that Video Sheet Music, there is a background music and the sheet music is shown in the video.

I just played the flute today and I'm trying to improve my skill and technique everyday. So far, I'm not yet taking flute classes, but if I could, I would really love to.

I've tried playing River Flows in You by Yiruma and You Raise Me Up. But I haven't finished playing a whole song yet. But at least, I could read and follow sheet music right now. I'm only having a hard time with playing the high notes in the flute. So, I need to keep on practicing!

I hope after a few practices, I'll get to play the whole song. I'll keep updating on my improvement :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Kakainggit ka naman. I'm also playing the bamboo flute/flute recorder for a couple of years now, and aspiring to learn how to play the metal one... Until now I still haven't got my own metal flute.. Hopefully SOON. :)

    ReplyDelete