Sunday, October 11, 2009

DSPC Entries: Photojournalism Contest

I joined the DSPC (Division Schools Press Conference) Photojournalism contest in English this October 8 - 9 of 2009. As photojournalists, we were tasked to shoot photographs which is related to human interest. In photojournalism, the photographs shouldn't be snapshots or orchestrated photographs, but photographs depicting stories of people. In photojournalism, captions must support the photographs and mustn't be the obvious but the deeper meaning of the photograph.

In photojournalism, I learned a lot about the lives of different people. Because while shooting, we get to interview the people. I also encounter different kinds of personalities that's why I realized that I should always prepare myself for whatever I would encounter.

Fortunately, I bagged the first place for photojournalism in english and I would proceed to the Regional Schools Press Conference, wish me luck!


ALL HER LIFE. An 80-year old woman gets a living from the busy streets of Angeles City for twenty years.

CHILDHOOD? Two little boys spend their childhood strolling the streets of Angeles City to beg for alms.

SURVIVING. A woman sits empty-handed on the bridge but still asks for alms to sustain her needs.

11 comments:

  1. Hi. You have wonderful shots no wonder you won at DSPC. I'm also a photojournalist and DSPC is coming near. Can I ask you for tips about photojournalism? I'm having a hard time lay-outing the pictures on a cartolina. In your DSPC times, how did you lay-out your pictures? Are there rules about its design? Hope for you reply. Thanks =]
    -JP Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also a representative for DSPC during my elementary and high school days. News Writing, Feature and Sports Writing. How I wish sa photojourn. Haha. Keep it up! You're good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there.! i'm going to join the nearing DSPC . I'm actually new to this thing. Could you give some tips for taking wonderful shots like yours. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girl. I love your blog! :) I will be joining also the DSPC. Your blog inspires me a lot. 💋☺️ Keep it up girl! That's one of dream also to be a photographer. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am also a photojournalist in english and I will also be competing in the Dspc here in our city. You have great shots and wonderful captions no wonder you've won. I would just like to ask a question did you use microsoft publisher or powerpoint to present your shots? I hope you can read this and answer this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I am also a photojournalist in english and I will also be competing in the Dspc here in our city. You have great shots and wonderful captions no wonder you've won. I would just like to ask a question did you use microsoft publisher or powerpoint to present your shots? I hope you can read this and answer this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) I'm also competing for DSPC tomorrow. What school are you from?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. I'll be competing for DSPC in a month can you give me some tips or advice?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello dear, glad I was able to find your blog ..thank you for uploading this, Can I ask photos captions in Tagalog,..pls..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can any one explain what is a control shot

    ReplyDelete